Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Roku zooms in on tv after every commercial on Hulu

Jump to solution

Is there an ad-free live tv Hulu plan though? I didn’t think there was. Obviously any live tv you watch is going to have commercials. I have the live tv Hulu plan but I haven’t watched any live tv yet since signing up with Hulu last night, so I don’t know if this issue happens during live tv or not. I’ve only been watching episodes under different networks (channels) that have short like 2 minute ad segments maybe 4 to 5 times during each 45 minute episode. Any input on this?

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

And a side note to my most recent post and in response to JEEP1990: I don’t have a Roku Express, I have a Roku Ultra and I’m still having this stupid zooming issue. So I have the most recent Roku device and it’s still happening.:-(

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Oh okay, I understand.  @Anonymous There is Hulu ad-free for 12.99 or something but I dont know if live tv would still have ads, maybe it only applies to library of pre-recorded episodes.  But I only have hulu with ads through bundle.  Problem still happening today, I had to watch ads 3 times on one part because the last ad would cause the zoom in issue argh 🙃

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Yeah I’m thinking this zoom issue only happens on the prerecorded episodes that have ads. But as far as being able to upgrade from the $5.99 with ads Hulu to the $12.99 without ads Hulu while having the live tv option, I don’t know if that’s possible. When I signed up for just Hulu Live I was only given the option for the $5.99 plan. Actually I wasn’t even given an option. When I signed up I thought I was JUST getting live tv. I didn’t know I would be getting the “with ads regular Hulu” on top of the live tv for that extra charge of $5.99. Smiley Frustrated 

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thanks for the advice but I tried this when I talked to the people at hulu. It didn’t help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@Sarah5030  What did you try and it didn’t help?

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I just called HULU costumer service - again. All the rep. did was remotely signed me out of my account and then had me re-sign in. She said that they are defiantly aware of the problem and are working with ROKU trying to solve the problem. I requested that someone from HULU comment on this community with some updates. I got the "Yeah...what ever" kind of response from her. Hopefully they can fix it sooner than later. I did just follow other peoples advice and changed my display to 720. Will see if that works later tonight when I try to watch "This Is Us".

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

@almostblind  Thanks for updating us and letting us know! Smiley Happy I hope this stupid issue gets fixed sooner rather than later, too, but I know stuff like this takes time to correct properly. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I thought I was replying to one that said that I should try changing the setting to 720p. I was saying I tried that and it didn’t help

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Ohhhh yeah I did that, too the first time I posted on here! I tapped reply under the post I wanted to reply to not knowing that the most recent posts do not get posted directly below the post you intended to reply to, but instead get posted at the very bottom of the entire forum. Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos