Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku zooms in on tv after every commercial on Hulu

Jump to solution

Same problem here. Started happening at the very end of June sometime. It is a little sporadic, but when it happens I have to restart the Roku to get it to stop for the night. Only happens during Hulu use and always happens right after an ad. I'll notice the ad runs funny - either cuts out completely and has just a black screen that says "ad" in the upper left or it ends abruptly. It's noticeable. Then, whatever I was watching on Hulu will be zoomed in. Happens on multiple types of Hulu shows - live streaming and on demand. Does not happen on my smart TV downstairs where I do not use a Roku. 

I definitely think it's the Roku device and is related to ads coming up in Hulu. It seems like it just happened recently so maybe an update at the end of June or so? Anyone getting anywhere with Roku support??? Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Unfortunately I haven’t heard from any Roku customer service rep.  I have exactly the same issue you described and also it’s happening since last days of June but nobody provides any answers.  I did uninstalled the app and installed it immediately and it work fine until the next day.  

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I finally called HULU and talked to a service rep. She said the same thing about un-installing and re-installing the app. NOPE! Didn't work. Still zooms in after a commercial. I can always tell when it is going to happen. The commercial ends abruptly when there should be a few seconds left of it, then the show I am watching starts as zoomed in. This is so stupid that I am paying to NOT be able to watch an entire show. Unfortunately, so many of the shows I like are on HULU and I just keep hoping that, as they promise, it will be fixed "someday". Love and Hate you - HULU! Fix the **bleep** problem!

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I got tired of it all, and just bought an Amazon 4K firestick.  It was only $25 (on sale), and works perfectly with Hulu.  

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. Has roku provided any support or answers to anyone about this? Super annoying. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Have the same problem, upper left corner zoom issues randomly! 🤷🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

For everyone saying it's a Roku problem, remember that Hulu creates the app, not Roku. On top of that, EVERY one of my ads looks just fine. So why wouldn't the Roku mess that up? There's a weird glitch when it abruptly ends a commercial and goes back to your show, that's when the zooming happens. Roku has no control over that. 

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I think it is some sort of Roku update that is not compatible with Hulu streaming app. Also when I talked to the Hulu representative they said that it only happens for rokus with certain product numbers or batch numbers I can’t remember what he called it. Also if it was a Hulu problem they would know how to fix it by now. It only happens with people streaming through a Roku device that is why I think it has partly to do with Roku. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

And it's up to Hulu to fix it. Other Roku apps switch back and forth between content and ads just fine. 

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hulu is currently trying to fix it, they have to communicate with Roku to figure out what the problem is they can’t fix it if they can’t figure out why it is not working with Rokus. I am sure they don’t like getting calls all the time about people having problems or people canceling subscriptions because of it. However they have to work with Roku to fix it.