Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku zooms in on tv after every commercial on Hulu

Jump to solution

I sure hope so! Do I wait on an update or do I need to do something? Not tech savvy in the least....thanks

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I’m sorry to say that yesterday the zooming problem started again.  So I watched Hulu in my Smart TV instead and no problems there.  

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

i have already uninstalled and reinstalled Hulu once and still had the problem. I have watched for two nights now with no problem but tonight I had to log back in for some reason and now it is doing the same thing!!!  Frustating.  Did you call Hulu and they fixed it?

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Actually I chatted with a customer service guy and it was fixed for the rest of the night but yesterday adds acted weird again and zommed, so it was temporary I’m afraid.  I started watch Hulu in my smart TV comcast and it didn’t have that problem...  so I’m assuming is really a Roku problem. Sorry, 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

I talked with the people Hulu and spent a over 30 min chatting with them with them. They gave me some things to try it did not work. They said something that has worked for many people (not for me) is uninstall the Hulu app restart your roku and reinstall it. But they are aware of the problem and are trying to fix it they are thinking that it some sort of roku update that does not work well with Hulu for some reason

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thank you.  Mine only started after the July 5th update.  I may try to call them tomorrow.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Same issue, commenting for the bump. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Having the same problem. Backing out to the menu fixes it but the show goes back to an earlier point and I have to fast forward to get it back to where I was. Very annoying. 

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This works for me sometimes, but other times it just won't stop zooming in. Hopefully they update this soon, it's getting very annoying.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.  Hulu ads start 3 seconds earlier than the show ad break so I miss that part of most episodes, the ads stop 10 seconds before timer ends and goes to black screen.  Not all ads cause zoom in issue, but when it happens it ruins the show.  I have to back out of episode and play again, but HULU does not remember where I left off the show and starts 5-10 minutes earlier in the show.  That is whats worked so far, its very frustrating and annoying.  Never had issues like this with anything, what did they do!!!!