Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku zooms in on tv after every commercial on Hulu

Jump to solution

While setting display type on roku to 720 got around the issue for me I do not consider it a fix. My tv and roku supports 4k. I think the issue here maybe when the commercial shown supports a higher resolution and hulu doesn't transfer back to the lower resolution for the show. Hence 720 being the lowest gets around since the commercial can't be higher than show. But not a solution as it then makes us watch all shows on roku in a lower resolution.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Agree. It's not really a fix. It's just a work-around. It really is a Hulu problem, but I'm not sure how to get hold of them. I tried calling but a 35-40 minute hold time.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Totally agree. I don’t want to have to change it back when I watch a grown up well managed app like Apple or Netflix. I’m paying for 4K I’d like to see it. Anyway the new Hulu update seems to have fixed it .....so far. Ever since Disney took over Hulu has been glitchy as **bleep**. Hopefully things will smooth out soon. Good luck roku friends . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

This issue has not been solved, it is still happen even after the most recent update of the Hulu app. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@DorothyM1972 while your fix may work for you, the rest of us are saying that switching to 720 isn't considered a fix. We don't want to watch in 720. 

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thank you for letting me know.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

When will the new update be ready? My Roku is still having this issue with Hulu.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Any resolution to this zooming issue? It’s driving me nuts!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Also, I tried doing this and while it worked for a brief time, it is not working now. Back to zooming out after ads.

Appreciate the idea though. It's more help than I have been able to get from Hulu. Smiley Happy

Does anybody know how to contact Hulu?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Has there been a resolution to this?

0 Kudos