Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku zooms in on tv after every commercial on Hulu

Jump to solution

Switched from 1080 to 720. That does not work. Switched back to 1080 didn’t work either and had to rewatch commercials. 
just confirming that changing the display type does not solve the problem. I cannot get in touch with Hulu

thank you. You have been most helpful @almostblind 

Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts and patience regarding the issue you are experiencing.

Please be aware that we have passed along your concerns to the appropriate team and expect this issue to be resolved in a future update.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thank you for responding. Was there somewhere else we were supposed to go besides here? It would be helpful to know where a person is supposed to go to receive the best support possible.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem also please fix it. 

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

When you switched from 1080 to 720 did you stop the "auto detect" feature? I am pretty sure this is where the problem is. It seems to have worked for me anyway. It has been a week since I stopped a.d. and no more zoom.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

We didn’t have this problem with the stick...just when we upgradedSmiley Sad

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

It was fixed for a while but its doing it again, now also on live TV. Was only doing it on recorded shows. This is really frustrating because I have to exit the app, go back in, and it makes me REWATCH all the commercials again. 

Its all rokus because we have the roku TV and it's doing it there as well. I believe it's hulu trying to figure out your screen size. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

SO - What the **bleep** - when is this going to be FIXED????

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

If you change your setting on roku from 1080 to 720 and make sure auto detect is off it should fix it. That's what I did and so far it hasn't zoomed in after a ad

Highlighted
Level 9

Jump to solution

@WayneF_FL @They just released a new update this morning maybe that will fix it they said the issue would be fixed in a future update the other day