Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Roku zooms in on tv after every commercial on Hulu

Jump to solution

I'm having this issue as well.  It started a few weeks ago, and only happened once in a while.  In the last week it has been happening every 3 or 4 commercial breaks on every show.

0 Kudos
Level 8

Jump to solution

Yes, I saw this on many posts. I've tried every display setting on Roku including 720p (which not only did not fix the issue but reduced the resolution to levels I haven't seen in 20 years).  This only started happening on my TV about 6 weeks ago and it is frustrating that Roku and Hulu haven't worked out the issue yet. 

0 Kudos
Level 9

Jump to solution

This is bad enough that I am considering ditching my Roku, as apparently other devices don't have this issue.  Downgrading my 4K TV to 720p isn't an option.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I also have this problem.  I pay for Hulu live, and would like to use it.  It’s very annoying to have it constantly zoom in and may cause me to just go to a fire stick or something that doesn’t do this.  It happens no matter what I’m watching or which tv I watch it on.  It happens with no other apps.  I’m using a Roku.  

0 Kudos
Level 9

Jump to solution

Well, I seem to have a new problem related to the zoom. After setting the resolution to 720p I don't have the zoom but now, just like when the commercial ends before it is over, the show now ends before it is over. The show I am watching acts just like the commercials did just before I knew the show was going to be zoomed in after the commercial. I could not finish the episode because just before the show is supposed to end it cuts to a commercial and then returns to the final credits of the show and I miss the ending. Stupid, stupid, stupid! I am really beginning to hate you HULU and Roku. Fix the issue already.

Level 8

Jump to solution

Saying "thanks for your patience, maybe we'll fix it someday" is not a "solve." It should not be marked as such. 

Level 8

Jump to solution

Removing the check mark next to Auto and checking 720 solved my zooming issue; however, now I have a new problem. If I stop watching whatever I am watching and return to it, it does not resume at exactly where I stopped, it resumes at a much earlier point in the show! This is making me sick and tired!

Level 7

Jump to solution

This is not really a RoKU issue, this is a Hulu issue. It is happening on my X1 box from xfinity as well as my Roku device

0 Kudos

Re: Roku screen slides to right on tv after every commercial on Hulu

Jump to solution

Help. My Roku keeps shifting the TV screen to the right after every commercial on Hulu. 

0 Kudos
Level 8

Re: Roku screen slides to right on tv after every commercial on Hulu

Jump to solution

Another thing I noticed is for shows 1+ hrs like sporting events or wrestling, if you get to the forced ads irregardless of your no commercial payment, if the zoom happens and you back out, go back in, it magically reverts 25 minutes and forces you to rewatch the commercials. 

Also fast forward is showing images from 20 mind previous. It is so jacked up @help please god have someone look into this.