Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aaudet
Level 7

Re: Roku zooms in on tv after every commercial on Hulu

Jump to solution

When will this be fixed? Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos
bickitybam
Level 7

Re: Hulu zoomed in

Jump to solution

I noticed another issue. Sometimes after a commercial break the show will resume zoomed in so some characters/objects are cut off. This is in addition to the skipping.

Anyone else see this?

0 Kudos
jr24308
Level 8

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with Hulu on demand. I have have tried every display setting with no luck. It seems to happen when coming back from a commercial. And the commercials seem to just pop up at random spots interrupting the show being watched. I feel that this is a Roku/Hulu interface issue as I don't find this on any other apps. Hoping that it gets resolved soon. 

almostblind
Level 9

Jump to solution

This worked for me and a lot of other HULU costumers - Go to the ROKU "settings" menu. Find "display type" menu. Set the resolution from either "auto detect" or 1080p TV to 720p TV. Press "ok" on your remote. A new screen will appear stating "Do You Want To Change To 720p TV. Press "ok" on your remote. Try it and let us know if that worked for you.

0 Kudos
KCErica
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is happening to me.  I was able to 'fix' it by reinstalling the Hulu app, resetting the unit and turning off auto detect but the next time the show hit a commercial it started happening again.

0 Kudos
KCErica
Level 7

Jump to solution

almostblind... it worked until it hit the next commercial and then it started again.

0 Kudos
Seans17
Level 7

Jump to solution

When will it be fixed?  It's been. Happening for over a month

0 Kudos
Slincoln621
Level 7

Jump to solution

I am also having this issue, help!

0 Kudos
PredatorRanger
Level 8

Jump to solution

Here to report the same issue - commercials pop up randomly (mid sentence is an odd time for a commercial), and then aspect ratio goes straight to **bleep**. I'm looking at the screen seeing tops of heads and little else.

SarahC86
Level 7

Jump to solution

I turned off autodetect and put it on 720. It worked well for a little bit then back to the same issue. Hopefully it gets resolved soon. 

0 Kudos