Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Roku zooms in on tv after every commercial on Hulu

Jump to solution

Could be IMPORTANT: Try a different streaming device.

I found that sentence this morning while doing some (more) research on this subject (somewhere on a HULU site).

Since ROKU is the streaming device service, I believe the fix falls on ROKU's shoulders. The HULU app "depends" on ROKU for settings that will run the app.

What I posted on Wednesday I did on Monday and six days later, it still is working.

If it should act up again, I will try the Xfinity Flex that came with the Internet-only package. I forgot I had it 'til I read that.

0 Kudos
Level 9

Jump to solution

I was able to fix my zooming problem by stopping the "auto detect" and changing the resolution from 1080 to 720. It has not zoomed from over a week now. Yesterday I re-set the resolution back to 1080 and the very first show I watched had the zoom problem. I stopped what I was watching and set the resolution back to 720, re-started the show and no zoom problem at all. No "auto detect" and resolution set at "720" is the only way I can watch without the zoom issue.

Jump to solution

This was about a month ago and it is still happening. Can we expect to see this fixed anytime soon?? I basically cant watch hulu unless its on my laptop bc I use Roku on both my tv's. Kind of stinks. I would think a month would be enough time for engineers to fix. Can we get an update at least??

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I’ve noticed this problem also especially with Hulu & seemed to get worse after each round of ads. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Be sure you check your display on your ruko device. I changed mine to match my TV, (HD 4K) and I fixed it. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Ads on Hulu Cause Program to Zoom In

Jump to solution

Mine does the exact same thing. Been doing it for about two weeks now. Very frustrating. 

0 Kudos

Re: Ads on Hulu Cause Program to Zoom In

Jump to solution

@almostblind  (few comments before me) solved it!!! 

Go to your Roku display settings and change it from auto detect to 780 or 1080, etc... just anything besides auto-detect. Lol

Good fix until they figure out the bug! It’s been working fine ever since! 😀

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Any updates on this issue yet. It’s getting more frequent. Please fix this bug. 

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

I fixed the issue by changing my Ruko screen settings from Auto to the correct screen resolution. I set my Ruko to 1080p and have not had this issue again. Give it a try hope it helps.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Jump to solution

Happend all the time. It is very frustrating. When is this going to be fixed?

0 Kudos