Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillyBobjimbo
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku x Netflix error : tvq-pb-101 (5.2.4)

Jump to solution

Interestingly enough I did a little experiment.  The Roku's I was having the problem with were all first gen Premier+ units.  So I went to the local WallyWorld and picked up a brand new Ultra (the sticks have horrible wireless range and I prefer hard wired) and low and behold Netflix works fine on the current gen Ultra.  I then returned the Ultra because I already replaced it with an AppleTV.  Now I have to decide what to do with the 5 other units that are apparently too old.  I'm hesitant to continue to invest in Roku given how much data they are now selling.  They are turning into the Facebook of streaming.

So it would appear that at least part of the problem is that older gen units can't handle whatever update Netflix did to their app last spring and Roku doesn't want to admit that their older units are no longer viable for some.  Roku does a VERY BAD job at showing the differences within a product line.  Maybe start adding a clear generation number next to the name rather than hiding it in a Model number on the bottom that means nothing to most people.  Would also be useful to actually start publishing witch models are really too old to work anymore.

SOLUTION: Get a new Ultra or something other than a Roku.  

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel did not install correctly, has received a faulty update, or has subsequently gotten corrupted. A reinstall of the channel to get its latest version may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key on the Roku remote and choose Remove channel option. [Note: Iif this channel is one for which you have a paid subscription through Roku, there will be a "Manage subscription" option instead. Click this and cancel your subscription. (It will continue to run for the rest of the prepaid subscription period, but will not auto-renew at that point. You can resubscribe then if you like.) Now the "Remove channel" option will be shown.]
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)  If you skip this step you may not get a clean reinstall.
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

If the problem persists at this point, it typically means the current version of the channel app has a problem that must be addressed by the channel itself as they are the ones that create the Roku-compatible version of their app and provide it to Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
BillyBobjimbo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@makaiguy wrote:

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel did not install correctly, has received a faulty update, or has subsequently gotten corrupted. A reinstall of the channel to get its latest version may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key on the Roku remote and choose Remove channel option. [Note: Iif this channel is one for which you have a paid subscription through Roku, there will be a "Manage subscription" option instead. Click this and cancel your subscription. (It will continue to run for the rest of the prepaid subscription period, but will not auto-renew at that point. You can resubscribe then if you like.) Now the "Remove channel" option will be shown.]
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)  If you skip this step you may not get a clean reinstall.
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

If the problem persists at this point, it typically means the current version of the channel app has a problem that must be addressed by the channel itself as they are the ones that create the Roku-compatible version of their app and provide it to Roku.

Been there, done that.  Frankly this highlights a larger problem.  This is the kind of advice I would expect from official support, not a user.

0 Kudos
Jankorea

Jump to solution

I solved this problem.

'FACTORY RESET'!!!

0 Kudos