Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helsgate2

Roku wont play funimation channel on any Roku Device/ TV

Anyone know a fix to the Funimation Channel on  all Roku devices and TV's? Funimation will load and go to home screen but if I try to play a show it kicks it out to the Roku Home screen. 

Its not a Funimation issue as I can go to it on any mobile device and play with zero issues.

If anyone or even www.Roku.com can come up with a fix please let me know.

Thank you!

Tags (1)
21 REPLIES 21
iisjebus

Re: Roku wont play funimation channel on any Roku Device/ TV

I'm having the same issue on Roku devices and an onn Roku TV. Just noticed it start happening today.

Tee7

I noticed there was an update which I love to funimation app.  I have a feeling the error might be due to the update. I am able to view shows under Contune Watching. But I am unable to view content under SimulDub.

0 Kudos
aerinj11

Same problem, but on all Funimation apps the shows recently added section doesn’t show the most recently added shows.

0 Kudos

Okay I’ve been having the same problem for a couple days :(. My only way around it is to go to the actual fu animation app/or website. Click the one I want and start playing it for a couple seconds. Then I go back to the Roku version and it comes up under the “continue watching” image and I click on it and keeps playing every episode. Hope this helps! 

ajiav

We’re having the same issue. Roku seems to be having an increasing number of issues with its apps like this; it’s frustrating.

Herris71

Plutonius
Channel Surfer

Same problem here. I can't imagine these problems getting through if Funimation tested the app.

Another quick fix is using the search function and launching the anime from that.

I also have issues with the subtitles where the subtitles go out of sync and often just don't show for 10-15 seconds.

The lack of reliable subtitles on the Japanese anime makes it unwatchable on the Roku.

A last minor issue is that the anime starts from the beginning on a partially viewed anime.

Does anyone know how we can forward a list to Funimation of issues with the Roku Funimation app update ?

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Plutonius
Channel Surfer

Thank you for the reply but I had tried this with no success.

However, the latest Roku update seems to have fixed almost all the issues I have been having with the Funimation App over the last week. Both Roku and Funimation had updates about the same time last week and I was assuming, perhaps wrongly,  that it was a Funimation app issue.

The only remaining issue I have is that a Funimation show restarts from the beginning when you continue it.