Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maddieq17
Level 7

Roku won’t work

So I’ve tried restarting turning bandwidth off. I’ve done everything and the apps won’t stay on but for more than a few minutes before going back to home. 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
atc98092
Level 21

Re: Roku won’t work

Please provide a little more detail. What model Roku? Is it connected wired or wireless? (Yes, I know not all players have a wired network connection). What version of the Roku OS is installed? Which channels are you experiencing this with? Even if the answer is "all", we still need to know what channels they are. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Maddieq17
Level 7

I actually have no idea what model it is bc it was given as a gift. Wireless and I’m experiencing it will all ( peacock, TBS, boomerang, YouTube, cbs.. etc) the model number on the back is 3930x if that helps 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

@Maddieq17 wrote:

I actually have no idea what model it is bc it was given as a gift. Wireless and I’m experiencing it will all ( peacock, TBS, boomerang, YouTube, CBS.. etc.) the model number on the back is 3930x if that helps 

Thank you. Yes, that helps. The 3930 is the latest model of the Roku Express, which has been on the market for a touch over a year. It comes with a one year warranty, so depending on when you received it it could still be covered. I use CBS and YouTube very often, and haven't experienced any issues with those channels. Since it's occurring with multiple channels, it's likely not related to any single channel install.

Let's start with the basics for troubleshooting. The first thing to try is to disconnect it from power for 30 seconds and boot it back up. This completely clears everything out of the operating memory and starts up fresh. You might also reboot your network router, so it has a clean, reset network connection. If you still have issues, is it possible to test the Roku on a different TV? Trying a different HDMI cable can sometimes clear up problems. I don't want to suggest a factory reset until every other possible step is attempted, but sometimes that's the only thing that completely clears up an issue. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Maddieq17
Level 7

I have tried everything you have suggested. Multiple times, lol. I’ve changed TVs, unplugging every type of reset and still won’t work for more than a few minutes 

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

@Maddieq17 wrote:

I have tried everything you have suggested. Multiple times, lol. I’ve changed TVs, unplugging every type of reset and still won’t work for more than a few minutes 

OK, in that case it does sound like a hardware failure. It's unlikely a full factory reset would make any difference, but I would probably try it anyway, just in case. If you've had it under a year, it would still be covered by warranty. You'd have to work with @RokuDanny-R for assistance there. 

Dan
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Maddieq17 

Thanks for the posts.

How are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet. We highly recommend the latter.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue after powering the device into a wall outlet, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Maddieq17
Level 7

So I want to return it and it’s been since Christmas of last year since I got it but just now trying to use it and it doesn’t work nothing works. I’ve tried everything 

0 Kudos