Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marknglenda
Level 7

Roku won't accept my prime pin (says incorrect pin but its not)

Jump to solution

have watched amazon prime on roku for years with no problems

was logged into son's prime acct even tho I also had one

Son discontinued his prime sub so I logged into my prime acct

Roku won't accept my prime pin

have disconnected power and reconnected still no good 

Roku support won't provide assist with this device (purple stick)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Roku won't accept my prime pin (says incorrect pin but its not)

Jump to solution

Yes, a factory reset will remove all your personal settings from the Roku, and you'll have to set it up as if it were a brand new device. Some devices may have a different menu structure, but on my Premiere you go to settings/system/advanced system settings/factory reset.

Note that when you attach it back to your Roku account, it will reinstall all the channels you now have. But any channel that needs user authentication, such as Amazon or Netflix, will need to be logged in again. All your current login credentials will be wiped by the factory reset. 

Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
atc98092
Level 13

Jump to solution

I hate to say it, but it might take a factory reset to get the channel to accept your credentials now. 

Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
marknglenda
Level 7

Jump to solution

how do I get a factory reset, and will that destroy my netflix conx also?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 13

Jump to solution

Yes, a factory reset will remove all your personal settings from the Roku, and you'll have to set it up as if it were a brand new device. Some devices may have a different menu structure, but on my Premiere you go to settings/system/advanced system settings/factory reset.

Note that when you attach it back to your Roku account, it will reinstall all the channels you now have. But any channel that needs user authentication, such as Amazon or Netflix, will need to be logged in again. All your current login credentials will be wiped by the factory reset. 

Dan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos