Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku, will you please stop messing with my channels?

Jump to solution

I don't know what the deal is, but recently yawl think it's ok to add and remove channels from my TV. Maybe it's not you, maybe it's one of the channels doing it, but either way, can you make this stop or make it possible for this to stop? You have to be able to imagine how frustrating it is to have to add a channel back like YouTube and have to go through all the smeg to get it working properly again.

I have found no way to stop this, and as it is very annoying, I hope you have a solution.

However, if it is your company that is responsible for this, STOP. Please.

Cheers Smiley Very Happy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 10

Re: Roku, will you please stop messing with my channels?

Jump to solution

Every situation could be unique here, but.

If a channel is gone, and you had to add it back, and it comes back--but then it's gone again days later, that's something happening within the means of your own account.

You're probably dealing with someone else who has physical access to the Roku (or at least a remote to one), and they're deleting the channel from your device/account, which in turn deletes said channel from any Rokus on the same account yours is using.

On the other hand, certain channels do fall off when the creator moves on.  This isn't really Roku doing it unless of course the channel itself violates their terms of service.

There could be other things going on, but I doubt it's Roku's doings causing this.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

If a channel is gone, and you had to add it back, and it comes back--but then it's gone again days later, that's something happening within the means of your own account.

You're probably dealing with someone else who has physical access to the Roku (or at least a remote to one), and they're deleting the channel from your device/account, which in turn deletes said channel from any Rokus on the same account yours is using.

On the other hand, certain channels do fall off when the creator moves on.  This isn't really Roku doing it unless of course the channel itself violates their terms of service.

There could be other things going on, but I doubt it's Roku's doings causing this.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I disagree. I'm sure YouTube and Pandora aren't removing themselves, and no one in my house is doing it. Why the **bleep** wouldn't Roku be doing it? Corporations have no concern for people and could give a **bleep** less what grief they cause them. It hasn't happened in a while but I'm sure it will again, and my rage will be in vain.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

@bfelts wrote:

I disagree. I'm sure YouTube and Pandora aren't removing themselves, and no one in my house is doing it. Why the **bleep** wouldn't Roku be doing it? Corporations have no concern for people and could give a **bleep** less what grief they cause them. It hasn't happened in a while but I'm sure it will again, and my rage will be in vain.

It could be something else though, but what? Exactly Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I'm here with the same problem! Sooooo annoying! My favorite one keeps getting deleted over and over again and they keep adding channels that I totally don't care about! Hoping someone comes up with a solution 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 10

Jump to solution

The solution to this is better understanding on your part(s).

This isn't Roku's problem to address, nor are they causing it to happen to you.

1) Anyone that can pick up (or strike against) a Roku remote in your house can/could delete the channel from your Roku.  A kid.  The dog.  Your wife.  Your neighbor.  

2) Anyone that has a Roku linked to your same account in another home completely. (ding ding ding) -- they can do the same thing.  Because they have an opinion and they decided they did not want a channel.  All channel add/removes take effect on every Roku connected to the same account, whether you like it, know about it, care about it... or not.

(The point is, this is happening on your end, by your actions or someone taking actions you're not yet aware of)

For those of you that insist you're not doing it or it's not happening to you, I feel like you guys are sharing an account (or access to the account) with others and you don't even realize it.  Perhaps you should look into that as well.  (Change the password on your Roku account, or start over under a new account entirely?)

I hope this thread helps someone who is just not thinking this through clearly before jumping to conclusions on it being Roku's fault.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I don't know if you have tried this. First, change your password (make sure it is not something anyone could guess). In creating a new password don't just use 8 characters; most places will let you use up to 20 characters. Consisting of letters up & lower case & numbers at least, use no less than ten characters; the more you use, the better. Make sure you remember your new password or write it down. To make better passwords try Keepas, it is terrific, and it's free forever. Go to Keepass.com and download it to find out how to use, go to youtub.com and type in Keepass. Also, Keepass has a very good help section. I have used it for years. After you created your new password, make a new pin number and set so that the pin must be used to make all changes. The reason for the new password will guard against anyone hacking your account and changing anything. Youtube.com should tell you all you need to know,   First, create a password for Keepass; once you have everything set up in Keepass, you only need to reset your password for KeePass to unlock it; now, all you have to do is remember one password to unlock Keepass. Anyone still needing help, let me know. Dennis

0 Kudos