Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bleakmage
Level 7

Roku, will you please stop messing with my channels?

Jump to solution

I don't know what the deal is, but recently yawl think it's ok to add and remove channels from my TV. Maybe it's not you, maybe it's one of the channels doing it, but either way, can you make this stop or make it possible for this to stop? You have to be able to imagine how frustrating it is to have to add a channel back like YouTube and have to go through all the smeg to get it working properly again.

I have found no way to stop this, and as it is very annoying, I hope you have a solution.

However, if it is your company that is responsible for this, STOP. Please.

Cheers Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
bfelts
Level 10

Re: Roku, will you please stop messing with my channels?

Jump to solution

Every situation could be unique here, but.

If a channel is gone, and you had to add it back, and it comes back--but then it's gone again days later, that's something happening within the means of your own account.

You're probably dealing with someone else who has physical access to the Roku (or at least a remote to one), and they're deleting the channel from your device/account, which in turn deletes said channel from any Rokus on the same account yours is using.

On the other hand, certain channels do fall off when the creator moves on.  This isn't really Roku doing it unless of course the channel itself violates their terms of service.

There could be other things going on, but I doubt it's Roku's doings causing this.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
bfelts
Level 10

Jump to solution

If a channel is gone, and you had to add it back, and it comes back--but then it's gone again days later, that's something happening within the means of your own account.

You're probably dealing with someone else who has physical access to the Roku (or at least a remote to one), and they're deleting the channel from your device/account, which in turn deletes said channel from any Rokus on the same account yours is using.

On the other hand, certain channels do fall off when the creator moves on.  This isn't really Roku doing it unless of course the channel itself violates their terms of service.

There could be other things going on, but I doubt it's Roku's doings causing this.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Bleakmage
Level 7

Jump to solution

I disagree. I'm sure YouTube and Pandora aren't removing themselves, and no one in my house is doing it. Why the **bleep** wouldn't Roku be doing it? Corporations have no concern for people and could give a **bleep** less what grief they cause them. It hasn't happened in a while but I'm sure it will again, and my rage will be in vain.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Bleakmage
Level 7

Jump to solution

@bfelts wrote:

I disagree. I'm sure YouTube and Pandora aren't removing themselves, and no one in my house is doing it. Why the **bleep** wouldn't Roku be doing it? Corporations have no concern for people and could give a **bleep** less what grief they cause them. It hasn't happened in a while but I'm sure it will again, and my rage will be in vain.

It could be something else though, but what? Exactly Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos