Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku/vimeo live streaming help

You are correct. CCLI Covers use for broadcasting if you pay for that (its more than the standard license). You do need to ensure that the ccli info is on screen while the song is playing, like you should display anytime you show lyrics or play a song. 

Many churches don't do this and that is a copyright violation. As long as you pay the license and display the info for the song, you can broadcAst. https://us.ccli.com/copyright-license/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

My church uses Vimeo for streaming because the price and we could actually stream.  We got set up with YouTube for non-profits and  ran into the automated cutoff when it detected licensed materials.  My church already had the upgraded CCLI license that allows for broadcasting (but not long-term online retention) and it still went offline 5 minutes after we started the service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am having the same problem.

Have been watching my church service via Roku suddenly tells me I need Vimeo.

Will not work.......

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@FS 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos