Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DeBeers
Level 7

Re: Roku unable to add channels

"DBDukes" wrote:
"DeBeers" wrote:
"RokuTannerDB" wrote:
Unfortunately, the online Roku Channel store is not available in all regions. 

You'll want to search directly on your device for any available channels. 

Thanks,
Tanner

Hi dude!

I Have the same problem!

Bought the Roku Express yesterday, and can't add any channels from website (gray button "add channel"). 

Location - US. 

The same issue from my roku express - a can add some channels like netflix, youtube, but can't add rokuTV and many, many others (about 90%). 

All updates installed, connection perfect, device activated and linked.

As mentioned elsewhere on the Forum, this is currently an issue with some Roku Express devices. Best bet is to keep trying the update. By the way, you said "latest" but that's never a good idea. You should always explicitly state the version you have, regardless of what response you get when you check for updates, in case you aren't actually getting the updates. And, while a recently obtain Express would indicate model 3900, it's still a good idea to list it, too. There have been instances where some people unknowingly purchased previous models from stores that were selling old stock as new.

But, back to the issue. Roku Express (3900) has experienced issues with installing apps. The only solution so far has been to reboot then continue to attempt to update, or do a full factory reset. As your device is new, a factory reset won't be a troublesome as someone who has a lot of apps installed.

Should you do a factory reset, don't ask it to install a bunch of apps. Keep them to a minimum, then add one at a time, should the reset work.

It's a new one, model 3900X - Roku Express
Software version 9.0.0. build 4116-51
I've tried a factory reset and then install rokuTV channel, but still have error "Coul not add "The Roku Channel", and still unavalible to add any channels from website.
But i can install youtube, netflix.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Roku unable to add channels

"DeBeers" wrote:
...
It's a new one, model 3900X - Roku Express

Software version 9.0.0. build 4116-51

I've tried a factory reset and then install rokuTV channel, but still have error "Coul not add "The Roku Channel", and still unavalible to add any channels from website.

But i can install youtube, netflix.

That sounds a lot like the issue that Roku has acknowledged. They don't have any time listed for a fix. The only suggestion they have is what you have done. I will note that others with the issue have reported that suddenly, the update/reset worked. No rhyme or reason why.

And, it's only happening with Roku Express. For that that provided their model number, it's been model 3900. I wish I had better news. As of now, it'll suddenly fix, or it won't. Which is aggravating.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
DeBeers
Level 7

Re: Roku unable to add channels

"DBDukes" wrote:
"DeBeers" wrote:
...
It's a new one, model 3900X - Roku Express

Software version 9.0.0. build 4116-51

I've tried a factory reset and then install rokuTV channel, but still have error "Coul not add "The Roku Channel", and still unavalible to add any channels from website.

But i can install youtube, netflix.

That sounds a lot like the issue that Roku has acknowledged. They don't have any time listed for a fix. The only suggestion they have is what you have done. I will note that others with the issue have reported that suddenly, the update/reset worked. No rhyme or reason why.

And, it's only happening with Roku Express. For that that provided their model number, it's been model 3900. I wish I had better news. As of now, it'll suddenly fix, or it won't. Which is aggravating.

Thank you for information!
0 Kudos
DeBeers
Level 7

Re: Roku unable to add channels

"DBDukes" wrote:

And, it's only happening with Roku Express. For that that provided their model number, it's been model 3900. I wish I had better news. As of now, it'll suddenly fix, or it won't. Which is aggravating.

in other ways, i can't understand why i can't add any channels from website. Also, there are no information about YouTube channel, that have been installed a day ago and works on my Roku.
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 10

Re: Roku unable to add channels

"DeBeers" wrote:
"DBDukes" wrote:

And, it's only happening with Roku Express. For that that provided their model number, it's been model 3900. I wish I had better news. As of now, it'll suddenly fix, or it won't. Which is aggravating.

in other ways, i can't understand why i can't add any channels from website. Also, there are no information about YouTube channel, that have been installed a day ago and works on my Roku.

That is odd. Sounds like a location issue.

Where are you? Are you in the U.S.? That is, physically in the U.S.? As in walk out the door and that’s the USA under your feet? If no, that’s why. Otherwise...

is U.S. selected at the bottom of https://www.roku.com ? If not, select U.S. and try again. Or, clear your cookies. Otherwise...

Are you using a VPN? If so, problem found. Roku generally interprets that as an attempt to get around geo restitutions, regardless of why you’re actually using it. No VPN support.
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
DeBeers
Level 7

Re: Roku unable to add channels

"DBDukes" wrote:
"DeBeers" wrote:
"DBDukes" wrote:

And, it's only happening with Roku Express. For that that provided their model number, it's been model 3900. I wish I had better news. As of now, it'll suddenly fix, or it won't. Which is aggravating.

in other ways, i can't understand why i can't add any channels from website. Also, there are no information about YouTube channel, that have been installed a day ago and works on my Roku.

That is odd. Sounds like a location issue.

Where are you? Are you in the U.S.? That is, physically in the U.S.? As in walk out the door and that’s the USA under your feet? If no, that’s why. Otherwise...

is U.S. selected at the bottom of https://www.roku.com ? If not, select U.S. and try again. Or, clear your cookies. Otherwise...

Are you using a VPN? If so, problem found. Roku generally interprets that as an attempt to get around geo restitutions, regardless of why you’re actually using it. No VPN support.

Oh yes. 
I've cleaned my cookies, changed location (reselect US), tried another browser, not tried to login 
I,mn physically in the USA, CA. Not using any VPN, tried to reboot my router, login from the daughter's computer - the same.  Smiley Very Happy Mysterious =)
I'll try to deactivate my account and register a new one, maybe it will work.
0 Kudos
DeBeers
Level 7

Re: Roku unable to add channels

Problem solved!
Thanks, guys!
The solution is: deactivate old account and register a new one.
All works perfectly!
0 Kudos