Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku tv turned black

Jump to solution

Yesterday I was watch a movie on my Roku tv and the screen just went dim so I turned it off and every since then it will not turn back on like I can hear sound but the screen is just black. I tried unplugging everything and I even tried resetting the tv so I’m not sure what the problem is with the tv it’s brand new 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku tv turned black

Jump to solution

@Kyasiapaige 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting the Roku TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Jump to solution
Sounds like defective hardware. A new set should still be covered by warranty from the manufacturer.
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Kyasiapaige 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried contacting the Roku TV manufacturer support yet to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support for their products running the Roku OS. 

For a list of Roku TV manufacturer contact information, visit our Community post here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos