Discussions

Is your Roku TV not working? Join our online community forum to find help with common Roku TV issues, get troubleshooting tips, and share your experiences.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Josiah1
Reel Rookie

Roku tv not finding antenna channel

So I bought a 65in roku tv about 7 months ago and everything was working fine until last week when none of my live tv channels were working. First the guide would say the channels were there but when I clicked on that channel the screen is just dark. So I tried to rescan but then it would say no channels found. I’ve tried factory restarting it, updates. And turning it off and on again. I have even bought two new antennas but nothings working. Please HELP!!

24 REPLIES 24
JE4

Re: Roku tv not finding antenna channel

Hi! Did you ever get your issue resolved? We just bought a 55" and am having the same issue. What did you end up doing to resolve the issue?

Josiah1
Reel Rookie

hello I did not but when I do I will let you know!

RayH

I got my 55” Roku last week. The set up also went fine. My antenna was working, channels were coming in strong. Two hours ago, I also got a black screen on all channels. The title box was showing five bars of signal. I also did a rescan and now ‘no channels found’. I tested the antenna on the old TV, the antenna is working.

probertson

This seems to be the case since the latest software update.  I would think by now ROKU would have a "fix".  This is ridiculous.  We tried all the reset and favorite channel removal, etc.  We took another brand TV and  connected to the exact same cable outlet and it works perfectly and displays  all channels so it is not the TV only the TCL TV with ROKU.  The HD channels will appear and might even display for a bit of time and then suddenly they are gone.  You do not want to do a channel search if you hit one of these times because then you won't pick any of the channels up.  PLEASE ROKU fix YOUR problem. 

TerrHere
Reel Rookie

my antenna was working fine until tonight i turned on my tv and they added all kind of channels, music and old movies and now my antenna is not finding my local channels. i did a channel search 5 times and still no local channels .Anyone having the same issue ?

ASLOAN63

I am having trouble just locating a way to scan the Roku with my antenna. Could you assist? 

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hello @ASLOAN63

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

If you already have the HDTV antenna connected to the Live TV input of your Roku TV, feel free to follow the steps below:

1. Go to Home.
  2. Select Live TV.
  3. If Live TV is missing, you can add it by going to Settings > TV inputs > Live TV > Set up input.
  4. Follow the instructions on the TV screen to complete the setup.

Note: The placement of the HDTV antenna can affect which TV stations you may be able to receive and the quality of the TV signal. It is normal for the initial channel scan to take a while.

For more information, check out this Support article: How do I set up the Live TV input on my Roku TV™?

I hope this helps!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jansmith71

Me too....antenna channels just suddenly stopped working a week ago.  Have done everything mention in this forum and the channel scan picks up no channels.  Is this being worked on?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@jansmith71, if the scan is picking up no channels then it isn't something that can be "worked on" by Roku.  It's either a failure of the antenna or the cable to the antenna or a complete hardware failure in the TV.  You'd have to contact the manufacturer of the TV - TCL, Sharp, onn, etc.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos