Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeff1212
Level 7

Roku stop messing with emby

Lately I have been having trouble using Roku to play Emby videos from my computer. It works on other platforms fine, just Roku the video constantly plays in fast forward or stutters roku models, Roku 2 and roku express. Funny the problems started after an update. I think I'll stop using roku. Stop your games Roku!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
jeffrok
Level 11

Re: Roku stop messing with emby

Why blame Roku directly? Do you know for a fact that THEY broke Emby, or that Embu themselves broke Emby for Roku?

Was this post necessary instead of just asking Emby why their channel isn't working?
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
blade_005
Level 10

Re: Roku stop messing with emby

"jeff1212" wrote:
Lately I have been having trouble using Roku to play Emby videos from my computer. It works on other platforms fine, just Roku the video constantly plays in fast forward or stutters roku models, Roku 2 and roku express. Funny the problems started after an update. I think I'll stop using roku. Stop your games Roku!

I use Emby on a Roku TCL TV on a daily basis and have not seen this behavior. I have also not seen the behavior you described mentioned recently in the Emby Forum thread dedicated to Roku app support.
TCL-TV Roku 55P605 (4K HDR & DV) | VIZIO SmartCast SB3651‑E6 Soundbar
TCL-TV Roku 43S425 (4K HDR) | TCL-TV Roku 32S301 (720p)
0 Kudos