Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mike1978
Level 7

Roku stick too old for peacock .

Jump to solution

I bought peacock because wwe is going to it . I could not find the peacock channel . I went to the peacock site and it said it worked on 3600 or newer . My Roku stick is 3500 . Am I going to have to buy a new stick or is there another way ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Level 10

Re: Roku stick too old for peacock .

Jump to solution

Although I guess you could watch it online and cast/mirror it to your TV using the 3500, I think it would actually make more sense to buy a current model with newer hardware specs, especially if you are purchasing subscriptions.  At least then you would be getting your money's worth from the subscriptions with ease of use. 

More of the newer channels are going to require newer hardware/OS, so you may continue to run into further issues with a different channel after figuring a way to view the Peacock.  Just a consideration for you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AvsGunnar
Level 10

Jump to solution

Although I guess you could watch it online and cast/mirror it to your TV using the 3500, I think it would actually make more sense to buy a current model with newer hardware specs, especially if you are purchasing subscriptions.  At least then you would be getting your money's worth from the subscriptions with ease of use. 

More of the newer channels are going to require newer hardware/OS, so you may continue to run into further issues with a different channel after figuring a way to view the Peacock.  Just a consideration for you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 14

Jump to solution

@mike1978 wrote:

I bought peacock because wwe is going to it . I could not find the peacock channel . I went to the peacock site and it said it worked on 3600 or newer . My Roku stick is 3500 . Am I going to have to buy a new stick or is there another way ?

The model 3500 is from 2014, discontinued in 2016. Unfortunately, many app developers are no longer supporting that and some other devices that are from that far back. That Stick of yours is probably the newest device that is losing developer support, despite Roku still officially supporting it.

Before criticizing developers for dropping support for those older devices, they do that to prevent a bad user experience. Those devices are generally underpowered for those apps, so they make the decision to not even support it.

DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
mike1978
Level 7

Jump to solution

I pretty much thought I would have to get a new one . Thanks