Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku signed me out of my subscription?

I pay for a CBS All Access subscription through Roku pay. Subscribed through the Roku account. I was watching today, the channel just exited, and now it is asking me to sign in. I just paid for it not long ago. I tried restarting the Roku TV, did not help. I tried removing the channel (it wouldn't let me because I would have to cancel the subscription first). I tried hitting the sign up for a 1 week free trial button, and it told me I was all ready subscribed. I don't want to cancel the subscription and have to pay for it again to try removing the channel.

Is there any fix for this? Why would this happen?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku signed me out of my subscription?

This is why I prefer to take out my subscriptions directly with the streaming service on the service's web page.  Subscribing through a 3rd party like Roku, Amazon, etc,  adds too many elements of complication and makes it nearly impossible to get things fixed if they screw up.

Plus, with a subscription directly with the service you'll be able to view the service on all the devices it supports, desktop computers, various mobile devices, and all the streaming devices it supports, not only just the one you happened to subscribe through.

I hope someone will be able to help you get this straightened out with your current subscription.

Once your access is restored you might want to consider canceling your current 3rd party subscription.  This should keep it from renewing at the end of your pre-paid subscription period -- you'll continue to have access until the subscription period lapses. When your access shuts down you could then subscribe directly with CBS. 

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku signed me out of my subscription?

@ThinkPurple 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Please be aware that sometimes subscription providers will require a channel to be reauthenticated to ensure that the viewer is the owner of the subscription they are viewing.

Have you tried logging out of your account and signing back into your CBS account?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos