Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku search results don't show BBC iPlayer programmes?

Jump to solution

Am I the only one facing this issue? Searching for the apprentice only shows AppleTV results for example, I tried a few others to no avail.

Wondering whether its an issue exclusive to me, and if not, how we can go about fixing it?

Thanks

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19

Re: Roku search results don't show BBC iPlayer programmes?

Jump to solution

@OllieJames 

Thanks for the note here. Content will only appear in Roku search results if a channel provider has chosen to configure their channel accordingly. If they don't choose to enable this type of functionality, their content will not show. You'll want to contact BBC iPlayer support to share your feedback and make any requests or suggestions. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 19

Jump to solution

@OllieJames 

Thanks for the note here. Content will only appear in Roku search results if a channel provider has chosen to configure their channel accordingly. If they don't choose to enable this type of functionality, their content will not show. You'll want to contact BBC iPlayer support to share your feedback and make any requests or suggestions. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi, regarding the issue of BBC iPlayer content not showing in Roku search results I have just confirmed that a search on my YouView box does show BBC content alongside Netflix, etc which suggests that it may be a Roku issue. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos