Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OllieJames
Reel Rookie

Roku search results don't show BBC iPlayer programmes?

Jump to solution

Am I the only one facing this issue? Searching for the apprentice only shows AppleTV results for example, I tried a few others to no avail.

Wondering whether its an issue exclusive to me, and if not, how we can go about fixing it?

Thanks

[post merged with already existing thread]

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku search results don't show BBC iPlayer programmes?

Jump to solution

@OllieJames 

Thanks for the note here. Content will only appear in Roku search results if a channel provider has chosen to configure their channel accordingly. If they don't choose to enable this type of functionality, their content will not show. You'll want to contact BBC iPlayer support to share your feedback and make any requests or suggestions. 

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@OllieJames 

Thanks for the note here. Content will only appear in Roku search results if a channel provider has chosen to configure their channel accordingly. If they don't choose to enable this type of functionality, their content will not show. You'll want to contact BBC iPlayer support to share your feedback and make any requests or suggestions. 

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
BrianW1

Jump to solution

Hi, regarding the issue of BBC iPlayer content not showing in Roku search results I have just confirmed that a search on my YouView box does show BBC content alongside Netflix, etc which suggests that it may be a Roku issue. Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
noj

Jump to solution

This kind of response really annoys me. Its not our fault talk to the other supplier. One of the key reasons for me choosing a roku over its competitors was that it would include iplayer in its search results. Roku should take ownership of this problem and work with bbc iplayer support to resolve this issue asap. 

I would also like to point out that this is not resolved. The capability is not fixed by the solution above.

emmameades

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. Bought a roku voice search remote so that catch up TV was accessible for my 97 year old nan but the search doesn't include results from BBC iPlayer or ITV Hub , only paid Apps like Apple TV and NOW TV

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@emmameades 

Roku only searches for content that the content providers offer up for searching. If a service doesn't provide data, Roku can't search it.

By the way, the Voice Remote only adds voice functionality to searches. Searching doesn't require a Voice Remote. The Simple Remote works with the search functionality as well.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
RellikS
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The Apprentice shows up for me, but is not actually the show but some Spanish show. I think it's a conspiracy and Roku employees hate trump so much they did not want his show to be able to be viewed on their services, so they put some random **bleep** show 

0 Kudos