Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zamond
Level 8

Roku's CBS All Access app not allowing sign in "on my TV"

Jump to solution

CBS All Access is now Paramount Plus. This seems to have broken the Roku CBS All Access app. 

I have a Roku3, and an active Paramount Plus account. Prior to CBS's switch to Paramount Plus (just happened tonight), I was able to log in to CBS All Access on the roku app and get my ad-free content. Tonight, most likely due to CBS's transition, that no longer works.

If you opt to "sign in with TV Provider", it takes you to cbs.com/tv/roku, and you can use the roku code, but it signs you in to the free ad-filled version of CBS All Access.

If you choose to "sign in to CBS All Access" you get two options: "on my TV" and "on CBS.com"

If you choose "on CBS.com", after you enter the roku code, CBS redirects you to log in, but not to Paramount Plus. You have to click out of the flow to do that, which interrupts the process, and sign in fails.

If you choose "on my TV" after entering your valid CBS All Access username and password correctly, and every time, the app will throw a "invalid username and password" error every time.

Is the error when trying to sign in on your TV a known issue? Is a new Paramount Plus app coming to Roku? 

4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
cathydr1
Level 7

Re: Roku's CBS All Access app not allowing sign in "on my TV"

Jump to solution

I right-clicked on the CBS All Access icon and checked for updates.  The icon changed to Paramount and I was able to access programming.

View solution in original post

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

You can get the new Paramount+ channel here or find it in the New and Notable category of the Channel Store to add it to your Roku home screen.

If you already subscribe to CBS All Access, the channel will be updated automatically to Paramount+ later today. To get access to the new channel now, you can check for a system update from Paramount+ by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System Update > Check Now.

Your player will need to support Roku OS 9.4 to see the new channel.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@sodawilly @Frontier

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing issues with the channel, try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's authentication and functionality, you'll want to contact Paramount+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Paramount+ support here: https://help.paramountplus.com/s/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
48 Replies
cathydr1
Level 7

Jump to solution

I right-clicked on the CBS All Access icon and checked for updates.  The icon changed to Paramount and I was able to access programming.

LMS72601
Level 7

Jump to solution

Awesome, thanks for the advice. Too bad the email didn't give this instruction!

LMS72601
Level 7

Jump to solution

Check for updates on CBS All Access app by clicking the asterisk, then it will update to PARAMOUNT Plus 

andyross
Level 15

Jump to solution

Tried on 3 devices this morning. Two Roku's and Comcast X1. My Roku 4, which is the most used streamer, still had the CBS Logo, but actually loaded Paramount+ and was already logged in. After I exited, the logo changed to the new one. On an Express that is little used, it had the new logo, but I had to log in, probably because I haven't used CBSAA in several months. The X1 still has the old logo, but was already logged in.

sodawilly
Level 8

Jump to solution

I can't even sign in to Paramount+ on my TV... I just get a black screen with the Paramount+ logo on the top left. Please fix this issue. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times!!!

zamond
Level 8

Jump to solution

Thanks all for the replies. I tried again just now, and CBS All Access had automatically updated to Paramount+. I was able to log in without issue. Seems like there were some rollout issues last night.

0 Kudos
sodawilly
Level 8

Jump to solution

I could really use help with this.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times... Updated my system, rebooted multiple times, unplugged it, let it sit and restart it that way, and I still can't sign in to the Paramount + app... Still the same **bleep** black screen.  =(

0 Kudos
Brendalindemuth
Level 7

Jump to solution

Keeps saying wrong password user name. Said sent to change it. Nothing sent

0 Kudos
cbarbagallo
Level 9

Jump to solution

I keep getting an "invalid password/email" message