Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cyberwasp
Level 7

Roku rumors dropping youtube live tv

Ijust started streaming and chose your product over the Amazon firestick, both of which I own. I heard that you plan on dropping youtube live tv from your product. If so I will stop using the roku, close my account and go to the Amazon firestick. I prefer Roku but youtube tv is the only product that carries all my channels.

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
3dtexan
Level 7

Re: Roku rumors dropping youtube live tv

Why is Roku so quiet on this subject. I spent a lot of money for all 5 Roku TV's and 3 Roku sticks, only to see that Youtube will be unavailable soon. Roku needs to tell ALL their subscribers what is going on. Maybe they are just trying not to scare anyone from purchasing their product. Get with it Roku! Just sayin.

0 Kudos
cyberwasp
Level 7

If they do, I'll just pull their product and go to firestick which has no issues with youtube tv.

0 Kudos
Bobtail
Level 7

I won't be as nice as everyone else. If you dumb sons of **bleep**es drop YouTube, I drop you. This type of **bleep** is one of the reasons I dropped those **bleep**ing idiots at DISH.  **bleep** AROUND AND FIND OUT.

0 Kudos
ellen-l
Level 9

Roku is not dropping the YouTube app(I am assuming you are accessing YouTube TV through the YouTube app).  If you have it downloaded it should (saying "will" violates causality) still be there no matter what happens Dec 9th.

Brand new Roku Accounts created after Dec 9th will not be able to find the YouTube app to download if Google and Roku don't find common ground.

Just make sure to not uninstall the app if Google and Roku don't come to terms.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

As we continue to deliver a better streaming experience for our customers, we are pleased to announce that effective today, we have agreed to a multi-year extension with Google for YouTube and YouTube TV. This agreement represents a positive development for our shared customers, making both YouTube and YouTube TV available for all streamers on the Roku platform.

You may also refer to this link YouTube TV | TV App | Roku Channel Store | Roku 

Please stay safe and healthy, we thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos