Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stephredden
Level 7

Roku restarts every time I am using Prime and Netflix

Every time I am trying to use Amazon Prime, Roku lets me watch a couple minutes and then it restarts and it's back to the home screen when it boots up. The same thing happens when I am using Netflix. However I can use Disney+ without issue.

Is there a setting to fix this? Did I set the Roku Express up wrong?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku restarts every time I am using Prime and Netflix

Hi there! 

Thanks for reaching out. I'd recommend following our steps here to properly remove the channels, restart your device, then add those channels back and see if you still encounter that issue: https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/Look-Here-for-Help-amp-Support-with-Channel-I...

Keep us posted! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
stephredden
Level 7

I tried deleting and re adding the channels. It still only allows me to watch a few minutes then bumps me out and the roku resets and back to the home screen.
I’ve tried resetting the box, switching HDMI ports, checking the connection settings, what else can I do?
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Just to confirm, you followed the steps of removing the channels, then performing a system restart before adding the channels back again?

If so, and you're still seeing the issue, the next step would be performing a full factory reset from Settings>System>Advanced system settings>Factory reset. This will clear all data and allow you to set the device back up again.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
stephredden
Level 7

Yes I did the first suggestion.

I just did a factory reset and I am still having the same problem. I can select a movie on Amazon prime and then it allows me to watch a bit and then the roku resets again and then back to the home screen.

I’ve only had this roku for a week and am very disappointed it isn’t working properly.
0 Kudos
stephredden
Level 7

Also I should add I can’t even select a show or movie on the Netflix Channel before it kicks me out, restarts the roku, and I’m back to the home screen.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for confirming that. It sounds like there may be something else at play here. The next time this issue occurs and you are exited from a channel during playback, please generate an issue tracker report ID by pressing the Back button 5 times quickly, followed by the Home button 5 times quickly. Send me a private message with your Roku's serial number from Settings>System>About, along with the report ID and I'll follow up to assist you further. 

As another test, you might also try connecting your device to a different wireless network, such as a mobile hotspot, and see if the same issue occurs when you try to play content from those channels. 

I'll keep an eye out for your message and we'll continue assisting you from there! 

Thanks,

Tanner

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Bribaum18
Level 7

I am having this same issue. I just got my Roku express 3 days ago. Not happy about this either. I have followed all the steps as well and it’s still doing this. Were you able to solve the problem with yours?
0 Kudos
stephredden
Level 7

No, nothing suggested worked, I ended up returning the product and buying a different streaming device.

Hope you have better luck than I did.

0 Kudos