Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku reset and now won’t show any channels I had but also won’t let me add any

My roku randomly reset and had me set up like it was new again. I got it all logged in and connected and there were no channels or anything on it, as if it had been wiped clean. I then went to add back my channels only for it to tell me I can’t. When I check my roku account through my phone, it shows my channels as already installed. However, they are not installed and won’t install when looking at my TV

3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 18

Re: Roku reset and now won’t show any channels I had but also won’t let me add any

Settings > System > About. -- Does this show the email address you use to log into your Roku account at https://my.roku.com ?

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku reset and now won’t show any channels I had but also won’t let me add any

Yes, it shows the email address i log in with.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 18

@qwertyasf wrote:

Yes, it shows the email address i log in with.

OK, so you should be linked to your normal Roku account.  That's good.  I was afraid when you had to set it back up from scratch that you didn't get to the actual Roku link site and had linked it up through one of the **bleeping** scammers out there, such that you weren't linked to your old account.

The only things I can think to try would be:

• Restarting your Roku [Settings > System > System restart].  If that doesn't work...
  • Pull the power plug for 30 seconds or so then plug it back in.  If that doesn't work ...
  • The only remaining thing I can think of is to try a Factory Reset and set up from scratch again. [Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset]

Maybe somebody will have some additional suggestions.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos