Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tuptuptup
Level 7

Re: Roku removed ALL seasons of Sesame Street on Nov. 1 (except 50 and 49)

Jump to solution

This answer is a complete dodge. Roku won't allow HBO max because they're trying to extract more money first.  I'm getting a new Chromecast and ditching all our Roku devices. I used to recommend Roku because they worked with every service, but no longer.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Tuptuptup wrote:

This answer is a complete dodge. Roku won't allow HBO max because they're trying to extract more money first.  I'm getting a new Chromecast and ditching all our Roku devices. I used to recommend Roku because they worked with every service, but no longer.

There is no player that works for "every service". That includes the Chomecast, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku and Nvidia Shield. Every one of them lacks something. If the item(s) lacking is critical depends on the user. Most people have decided they need at least two different streaming devices to cover everything. Roku covers almost every online service, and I have no doubt that HBO Max will not be too much longer.  

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
SFNF
Level 7

Jump to solution

We experienced the same challenges and frustrations and found a couple work arounds that I’ll share here in case it is of benefit to others. 

For those interested in viewing Sesame Street through Roku, there are two additional free options that I am aware of outside of HBO. Though not as comprehensive in terms of the seasons and episodes available, it will satisfy most everyone’s needs. 

1) Sesame Street app - searchable by character, learning area, songs and has all of the hits our kids love. It occasionally crashes Roku but it is not consistent so it could just be our experience.  Unfortunately, the content is mostly small clips and there are no full episodes that I am aware of. 

2) PBS Kids - aside from having a lot of great content for kids, PBS Kids has a pretty decent Sesame Street lineup including full episodes and clips. 

The other solution we found to work for us was to simply invest in a cheap $18 Amazon fire stick. For those who have an additional HDMI and or those who don’t mind switching between the two apps, that may be a viable option. 

0 Kudos