Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku remote will not control Amazon app

I have an Insignia Roku TV and a Roku stick of a different TV.

Recently they they stopped working properly on the Amazon Prime app. I can select a show, but I cannot fast forward or reverse the show. Also, a little screen show up in the left bottom of the screen telling me another episode is available in xxxx seconds and counts down.

This is happening on both units. I rebooted both units. I've reinstalled Amazon. Still happening. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Roku remote will not control Amazon app

When you reinstalled, did you follow this procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
3. IMPORTANT- DON"T SKIP: From home screen, Settings > System > System restart.
4. After system restarts, find channel via Streaming Channels.
5. Highlight channel and install.
6. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi LivRm - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi BedRm - JVC EM37T
  • Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi GstRm - Sanyo DP26640
  • Roku 2 XD, 3050X (collecting dust in a drawer)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Roku remote will not control Amazon app

Okay, I played around with  the Amazon app and realized only the 2 shows we were watching had this problem. After taking those shows off the watchlist, I did a search for them. Seems that both shows, James May in Japan, and Bosch have a regular version and a 4K version. The 4K version allows the fast forward and rewind

0 Kudos