Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bimpster
Level 7

Roku refuses to play nice

I can't understand why what should be a simple platform to stream on is a chore. Can't watch what I've previously paid for because Roku can't play nice in the sandbox. Can't stream my Windows 10 computer, can't stream from my cable provider (Spectrum) aka sputum, others can't even stream from YouTube... Who will Roku piss off next? Netflix, CBS, etc...? Get your act together Roku, it shouldn't be this hard.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku refuses to play nice

@Bimpster wrote:

I can't understand why what should be a simple platform to stream on is a chore. Can't watch what I've previously paid for because Roku can't play nice in the sandbox. ...

What is it you've paid for that you can't watch? Specifics are always helpful when seeking help.

@Bimpster wrote:

... Can't stream my Windows 10 computer, ...

Miracast issues are technology, not Roku "not playing nice" or do you have some insight you can share?

@Bimpster wrote:

...can't stream from my cable provider (Spectrum)...

Why is Roku at fault with this, and not Spectrum? Or both?

@Bimpster wrote:

...others can't even stream from YouTube... 

I can stream from YouTube just fine. Or are you talking about YouTube TV, which is a different thing. You do realize there's a difference, right? And why is it Roku and not Google that's being unreasonable?

Your confusion of YouTube and YouTube TV should make you wonder if you have your other "facts" wrong too.

Yes, it's frustrating when companies can't work things out and the customer is impacted. But it's also important to know who is to blame.

DBDukes
http://www.mystreaminglife.com/
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
Note: I am not a Roku employee.
demsd
Level 13

Re: Roku refuses to play nice

@DBDukes wrote:

@Bimpster wrote:

I can't understand why what should be a simple platform to stream on is a chore. Can't watch what I've previously paid for because Roku can't play nice in the sandbox. ...

What is it you've paid for that you can't watch? Specifics are always helpful when seeking help.

@Bimpster wrote:

... Can't stream my Windows 10 computer, ...

Miracast issues are technology, not Roku "not playing nice" or do you have some insight you can share?

@Bimpster wrote:

...can't stream from my cable provider (Spectrum)...

Why is Roku at fault with this, and not Spectrum? Or both?

@Bimpster wrote:

...others can't even stream from YouTube... 

I can stream from YouTube just fine. Or are you talking about YouTube TV, which is a different thing. You do realize there's a difference, right? And why is it Roku and not Google that's being unreasonable?

Your confusion of YouTube and YouTube TV should make you wonder if you have your other "facts" wrong too.

Yes, it's frustrating when companies can't work things out and the customer is impacted. But it's also important to know who is to blame.

This.

Roku Ultra 4670X
40" TCL Roku TV
50" TCL Roku TV
0 Kudos