Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gamomof3
Level 7

Roku reboots randomly with Hulu Live TV

I recently upgraded my Hulu account to Hulu Live.  Since that time, when watching live channels, the Roku will randomly reboot and go back to the Roku home screen.  Any suggestions on how to resolve?
86 Replies
Crawlspace13
Level 7

Re: Roku reboots randomly with Hulu Live TV

I'm having the same problem. Really like the sports package available on Hulu live, so started the free trial today.  I have a Roku Stick and a Roku Express, both updated with the most recent software build (8.1.0) and both randomly rebooting after about 10-15 minutes worth of content playing.  Tried it across multiple live channels with the same result.  This is the only service I have this problem with and wondering if anyone else is having a similar issue or knows how to resolve it. I've tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling, but that didn't solve the problem. 
0 Kudos
bstewart5050
Level 7

I added Live TV this weekend and it reboots so often it is impossible to watch. Did all the troubleshooting. System updated, running 8.1.0. Excellent Internet connection with speeds far exceeding minimums. Haven't been able to get any live support. Will cancel if not resolved in next day or so. (I had Hulu live last winter with no issues.) Please advise if solution presents...
0 Kudos
Jimmyr2021
Level 7

I'm also getting this on my roku stick. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
bstewart5050
Level 7

I went through days of chats and messaging, primarily with Roku as Hulu was less responsive. Ended up paying for full month of service even though the Live TV never worked on my TV. Was even told at 4 days in that there would be no refund because I had used the service. How could I know it didn't work if I hadn't used it and tried to troubleshoot? (Full disclosure: I did watch a live college football game via Hulu Live on my phone, which worked fine.) Offered to pay for the 4 days but Hulu would not pro-rate. I did not try ethernet cable, which would not work well for me given layout. I had Sling TV and Hulu Live TV via wireless previously with same Internet provider with no problems. Good luck. But I've given up.
0 Kudos
Fitzohana
Level 7

We have had the same issue with Roku/Hulu Live. Went through troubleshooting with Hulu to clear the cache and reset everything but still didn’t work. They solely believe that it’s a Roku issue since it keeps rebooting, not just kicking us out of Hulu. Everything else works without issue. Only have the problem when watching Live football. Might be time for another device that might work better? (Chrome cast or Amazon fire) we’re still doing our research. Anyone else have any success with other devices or resolving this issue?
0 Kudos
Fitzohana
Level 7

Forgot to mention that we’ve gotten no help from Roku support at all.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

Do all these steps, in this order:

1. Log out of the app on your Roku.

2. On your computer/phone/tablet, go to https://secure.hulu.com/account and unlink the device from your Hulu account.

3. On your Roku, remove the app. 

4. Reboot the Roku.

5. Add the app to your Roku.

6. Reauthenticate the app on your Roku and computer/phone/tablet. 

Does it still have a problem?
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
bstewart5050
Level 7

Gave up on Hulu Live. Went through all steps and all trouble-shooting. Roku support was a mixed bag ... chatted with 4 agents and only last seemed to be knowledgeable. Hulu was worthless. Only wanted it for BTN anyway, and I was able to watch 2 pre-season games on my phone before the month ran out. Wasn't happy that I had to pay for full month... was told that since I'd used the service for 4 days (mostly trying to get it to work on TV) I wasn't eligible for refund. I even offered to pay for 4 days... Back to Sling when I want live TV for sports.
0 Kudos
Basil
Level 10

Can't you use the Hulu with Live TV credentials to authenticate the BTN app and watch stuff that way?
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos