Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Roku reboots randomly with Hulu Live TV

Didn't try that and not one of multiple agents suggested. Shouldn't have to do that anyway. Gave up... and probably won't try again since I'd have to pay for month to try.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

And would want to access more programming than just BTN, if I was paying for it.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12

Sorry. Thought you were still in the month you paid for.

I use live TV services for sports. I don't usually watch anything else live, and have successfully used those service just like any cable provider when it comes to authenticating apps. Sling does the same thing. I prefer the apps myself, since I prefer the Roku menu to the in-app menu for Sling, Hulu with Live TV, DirecTV Now, YouTube TV, and so on. It's easier for me to launch the ESPN app to watch a game than find it in those live streaming service apps.

I've authenticated several apps, not just sports apps, when I switch to a different live TV service. They all support most apps of the channels in their packages.
Basil
https://www.basilsblog.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Apple TV (5th gen), TiVo

Previous:
Roku boxes from every generation.
Apple TV (2nd, 3rd, 4th gen)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I am also having issues using Hulu live with my Roku.  It keeps rebooting. It works great on my phone, tablet and Chromebook.  That leads me to believe it is a Roku-Hulu issue. I have spent hours on the phone with Hulu.  At first they blamed Roku and my Internet.  My Roku is up to date and should work.  My Internet is not the issue either.  I was finally sent to the next tier support at Hulu only to be told they had not heard about this issue from anyone else.  Guess they do not read their own forum.  I am now going to try an Amazon Fire Stick and see if that works.  
0 Kudos
Level 8

I also spent significant time in chat and on phone with Hulu. They blamed internet speed and update for Roku... neither was an issue. I never got option to get bumped up. Please post if you learn anything. I would prefer not to opt for another device as I have Roku on more than 1 TV, and I really want Hulu Live for Big Ten football.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

You guys experiencing this issue need to post your Roku Model Numbers and current firmware version and build number.  I've been binging series' on Hulu recently, and haven't noticed any hiccups.

For diagnostics sake, delete the channel, REBOOT THE ROKU (do not skip this step), and re-add the channel.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

I have taken all steps including channel delete and re-add and shared all info you request with Roku support. Will post here in next few days when I have time to find it all AGAIN. Despite my tone, appreciate that you're trying to resolve.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

And it does not happen during bing watching content... only during Live streaming. And it works on all my other devices except Roku, as previously posted.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

"bstewart5050" wrote:
And it does not happen during bing watching content... only during Live streaming. And it works on all my other devices except Roku, as previously posted.

I'll check with CS/Social/Engineering tomorrow morning, and get back to you.
C. Shawn Smith
Community Liaison

------------
The Cosmos is all that is, and all that was, and ever will be. -- Carl Sagan
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Has anyone had any luck with the Hulu live TV and Roku issue? I just started my Hulu Live subscription and get kicked off every 10 minutes when my Roku restarts.
0 Kudos