Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hauntedheart
Level 7

Roku premiere no apps

My roku can't find or won't let me add apps. Disney+, amazon, all4, now tv ect. It also can't find my network or accept its SSID. I took it out of box about 4 hours ago. Thanks 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DBDukes
Level 16

Re: Roku premiere no apps

Where are you located? Roku is supported in the US, Canada, UK, and 13 other regions.

• United States
  • Canada
  • France
  • United Kingdom
  • Argentina
  • Brazil
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Costa Rica
  • El Salvador
  • Guatemala
  • Honduras
  • Mexico
  • Nicaragua
  • Panama
  • Peru

If you're outside a supported region, you may not have full functionality.

DBDukes
https://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
Roku Streaming Stick+ (3810)
0 Kudos
hauntedheart
Level 7

Hi I'm im uk

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 16

Now that we know you're in a supported region, getting that network issue resolved will be useful. (If you weren't supported, it would be work for no payoff.)

The Premiere only supports 2.4 GHz band. I think the UK supports two channels that the US doesn't, but if your WiFi's 2.4 GHz network is on channel 1, 6, or 11, then your Roku should see it and connect. There may be some differences in the UK, but those channels don't overlap, and would be good guides to go by.

Verify your network is broadcasting on 2.4 GHz (it doesn't have to be exclusively 2.4 GHz, but it must include 2.4 GHz to connect the Premiere). If it is, ensure it's operating on 1, 6, or 11 (or any channel a UK Roku guru can offer.

DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
0 Kudos
hauntedheart
Level 7

OK. So I'm not great with all this meaning this could  be wrong but I'm sure my router is 5ghz. Was only installed about  a week ago. I took out an old fire stick last night. Found my WiFi connection, connected, and basically run how it should. (All apps). Tried roku again this morning from a factory reset and won't find my router.  Just to see i turned on my hot spot.  Every device i have including roku could find it. And every device can find my WiFi, except roku. I've done all the switch it on and off again, unplugged, took out cables and resets i can think of lol. Thanks so much for trying to help

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 16

The Roku Premiere only supports 2.4 GHz. If your network is 5 GHz only, then it won't find your network. It can't.

You're options are to enable 2.4 GHz on your network, or use a streaming device that supports dual band (the better Roku devices do; the entry level ones are 2.4 GHz only).

DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
0 Kudos
hauntedheart
Level 7

Hi. Sorry. So my router is dual band. 2.4ghz and 5. I think it does both at same time 

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 16

@hauntedheart wrote:

Hi. Sorry. So my router is dual band. 2.4ghz and 5. I think it does both at same time 

That's actually common. If you're running a 2.4 GHz network (you are) and if you're on one of the recommended channels (1, 6, or 11; you'd have to confirm that), then it should see it and connect.

One thing that is still somewhat confusing is that you've stated that your Roku can't add app, and that it won't connect to your network.

Well, if it won't connect to your network, I'm not sure how you're even able to attempt to add apps. However, we've pretty much been ignoring that part of your report, because it will never add apps if it can't get on a network. However, if you're saying you were able to connect to your network but were unable to add certain apps, then later were unable to connect to your network, that's a different thing.

Perhaps one of the Roku moderators, @RokuDanny-R@RokuMary-F, or @RokuKariza-D can offer help with that.

DBDukes
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Streambar (9102)
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Level 21

@hauntedheart wrote:

In the 2.4 GHz band, all Roku devices support wifi channels 1 through 11 that are authorized for use in the US.  In the UK channels 1 through 13 are authorized but the Roku can't use channels 12 and 13 and won't even see them.  Make sure your router is only set to use a channel in the 1-11 range.

• Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos