Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YeahThatGuy
Level 7

Roku not saving login info for Pandora or MotorTrend

Since my Rokus (Three different models) updated, Pandora cannot keep login information. There is another thread in which Roku claims it is a Pandora issue.

I am also seeing this with MotorTrend app as well as Pandora. I have factory reset two of my devices and uninstalled and reinstalled both apps.

This seems less like an app developer issue and more like Roku made a change to their devices that broke a commonly used login storage solution.

Please fix this as it's extremely, extremely frustrating.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Roku not saving login info for Pandora or MotorTrend

Thanks for letting us know about the issue. We've reported this issue to Pandora and they are currently investigating. Please continue to follow up with their support team directly for additional help and updates. 

If you are also experiencing this with another channel on your device, I would recommend reaching out to their support team to report the issue and request additional assistance. There are thousands upon thousands of channels on the Roku platform. It's possible that more than one channel may encounter a similar issue due to various development considerations. To help clarify, this doesn't necessarily indicate an issue with the platform or current software release.  

Please feel free to send me a private message if you have any additional questions I can help answer.

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey everyone, 

Quick update here. 

We believe this issue may now be resolved. Please go ahead and try launching the channel and signing in again, then test to see if your login information is retained when you exit the channel. If the issue continues to occur, you might try removing the channel once more, restart your device, then add the channel back again and test once more. 

Keep me posted if that still doesn't do the trick and I'll follow up directly. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
YeahThatGuy
Level 7

Just tested on my Roku 3 and it did not resolve the Pandora login. Activating the device is required each time. I removed Pandora from the Roku, restarted the Roku, then added Pandora back in. It still fails to retain my login information. Pandora App is Version 5.3 Build 30

I have tried MotorTrend app as well and it fails under the same process. MotorTrend App is Version 5.1 Build 4.0

This Roku is directly wired in and on the latest update. Roku is 4239X - Roku 3 Software version 9.1.0 build 4919-04

Please advise.
0 Kudos
YeahThatGuy
Level 7

Also still failing on my Roku 3 4200X model with current updates. Same process. Removed app, restarted Roku, added app, activated device, played music, hit home button, re-entered App and it requests login once more.
0 Kudos