Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ToddB1

Channel access | VidAngel removal

Jump to solution

I seriously doubt that a post like this will get anybody's attention at Roku, but here goes. I like the product that VidAngel provides to filter unwanted content from movies and TV shows. Roku doesn't allow the VidAngel app on their platform while Apple TV, Google TV, and Amazon all do. 

It was time to upgrade my old Roku 3 and instead of buying another Roku I went with a Chromecast with Google TV and am very happy with my purchase.

I enjoyed Roku for many years and wish they could have worked with VidAngel on this issue.

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Channel access | VidAngel removal

Jump to solution

@ToddB1 

Be aware that the Chromecast with Google TV does have limited storage. As long as you don't try to add too many apps, though, you should get good usage from that device.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

LauraBEAN

VidAngel rejected on Roku

Jump to solution

I feel APPALLED that I cannot choose a filter on a paid Roku app so we can actually watch a good movie with too many F - Bombs that we would not want to watch without the help of VidAngel app!!!!! 
shame on Roku! I am now shopping for Apple TV or Fire TV.

They DO accept VigAngel, unlike Roku!