Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dankokkos
Level 7

Roku netflix app not streaming 1080

I noticed this weekend that my Roku Netflix app was streaming at 480 on the specs when pressing the * on the remote. I also notice the bitrate was around .83 I reinstalled the Netflix app and nothing changed. Also, did a factory reset my Roku and it still didn't work after starting over and reinstalling all my apps. I have the settings set to 4k HDR on the display. 

I have a Roku Streaming Stick+ and I have 160/mbs on my router and I confirmed with wireless speed test I had at least 60 from that area at its worst. I should be getting 1080 or at least 720. Has anyone had this problem recently? 
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RAIST5150
Level 7

Re: Roku netflix app not streaming 1080

Been a while since I did Netflix... but you had to pay a higher rate per month to access the higher level resolutions. But not ALL content would have higher level resolutions. Anime is one category where a LOT of the content was only available in lower SD/HD quality(480/720).

Have you verified your account and/or the content you were watching were available at higher than 480p (SD) level?
0 Kudos
dankokkos
Level 7

Re: Roku netflix app not streaming 1080

I have the standard account as I have always had. That must be what the problem is. At some point, they must have changed this tier structure. I had to upgrade to the 10.99 plan to get hd content. I may actual cancel it all together since they are nickel and diming. 

Thanks.
0 Kudos