Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8

Roku/motortrend

lots of facts.

i have xfinity cable. I have motortrend channel.

i have iPad. With xfinity streaming.

motortrend is ok on iPad. At home and at office.

Roku works fine at office.

but I cannot make motortrend work on roku.

the activate process is different then all other channels.

so, is my roku and motortrend a no go?

4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 21

Re: Roku/motortrend

Looks to me that Motortrend on Roku is a separate subscription, and doesn't use a cable account for access. When I look in the channel store, I see this:

Please note, your subscription automatically renews unless the subscription is cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Payment will be charged to Roku account. Any cancellation elected during an active subscription period will not be effective until after the conclusion of the then-current subscription period. You can manage your subscription after purchase by accessing your Roku account.

So it's only through your Roku account, not any existing access via a cable provider. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

i got a reply from motortrend.

it sounds like you have downloaded the motortrend app for our online streaming at https://motortrendondemand.com this is separate from the motortrend channel offered by xfinity.

you can download the MTGO app to access your cable subscription to motortrend on your roku.

so, download the MTGO app?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 21

@stoveguyy wrote:

i got a reply from motortrend.

it sounds like you have downloaded the motortrend app for our online streaming at https://motortrendondemand.com this is separate from the motortrend channel offered by xfinity.

you can download the MTGO app to access your cable subscription to motortrend on your roku.

so, download the MTGO app?

Well, that's what they said. I checked the channel store, and it's named MT GO. You need to space for it to be found. And it does say it works with your TV provider access. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

MotorTrend channel or Roku Premier+ issue

I've recently added MotorTrend channel and have often been streaming continuously for several hours at a time. Within the last couple of weeks Roku will restart itself if I pause a program long enough to start Roku's screensaver. It's the new one the has several dark blue Roku emblems scrolling across the screen. 

So does MotorTrend have issues with Roku's screensaver or is this a coincidence and the player itself is starting to have issues. I can't recall specific details of other times it has restarted on its own but there may have been a few recently.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos