Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku media player

So I'm using Roku Media Player . However videos are showing up in the same folder 5 or more times. Is there a fix for this 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Roku media player

What is your media source? Do you have a connected USB drive, or is it from a server on your network? If it's from a server, then that's what the server is sending, accurate or not. If it's a Windows computer using the Windows Media Server, that is most like the issue, as it's a lousy media server.

If it's from a USB drive, then it's possible you're seeing "deleted" files. When files are deleted, they are really still there, just hidden until something needs the space the deleted file is using. Then it get's overwritten. Depending on the operating system, there might be a hidden file that maintains a record of the deleted files, and RMP is reading that. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm using a WD cloud NAS for my storage .I'm guessing plex is much better

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

@Yiteurp wrote:

I'm using a WD cloud NAS for my storage .I'm guessing plex is much better

I'm not familiar with that one. Plex is a good choice. I use Serviio, which is a pure DLNA player, and does not offer player apps for different devices. But if you prefer having something with a user interface closer to something like Netflix, both Plex or Emby are good choices for Roku devices. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have this problem on a WD Mycloud. The problem seems to arise when Roku Media Player uses the file name and the title in the files structure is blank or too long. For MP4 files I have found that putting the title in through the properties section of the file solves the problem. This can be done through Windows. For MKV file you must use a file editor to make this change.

0 Kudos