Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smcadoo
Level 8

Roku media player playlist creation

Running a Roku Media Player and can play music from a Synology DLNA.  When I set up the server it created (or there were some old iTunes) some playlists that don't work.  I really don't care about them but need to know how to create playlists for this music playing combination.  Music is entirely .mp3 files created by ripping my vinyl collection.  I used the Synology Server and other Synology features to set up and index the music for use by Roku Media Player.  So, is there a way (hopefully easy) way to create a playlist?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
smcadoo
Level 8

Re: Roku media player playlist creation

Ok, so I finally figured it out.  I'm answering my own query so the next soul with this issue will have to look no farther.  One uses the "Audio Station" app available on the Synology NAS.  So, log in to the Synology control facility and start the Audio Station.  You can make a play list from your music stored in a /*music* folder on the NAS, properly indexed.  Here is a link to the Synology software:  https://www.synology.com/en-us/knowledgebase/DSM/help/AudioStation/playlist.

0 Kudos