Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardywang
Level 7

Roku media player does not recognize my NAS media server

I have a Hisense Roku TV, I installed Roku Media Player channel. Meanwhile I have Synology DS918+ NAS with media server enabled and configured. I am able to use my Xbox One to play medias from this NAS server, but when I run Roku Media Player it does not seem to know there is a DNLA server in the network.

Any suggestion?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
atc98092
Level 13

Re: Roku media player does not recognize my NAS media server

I am assuming there's no other networking issue with your TV, such as reaching online streaming sources. How is your TV connected to your network? Wireless? If so, it's possible you have a setting in your router that is blocking access for your TV to see anything on your internal network. You need to make sure the router allows wireless connections access to your network, not just the Internet. Also, look for any settings that mention Multicast and ensure they are enabled. This could matter even if you aren't using wireless. 
Dan
Nvidia Shield, Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos