Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku kicks me out of apps

I just purchased a Roku Express. I went through the set up process and logged in to multiple streaming services (Netflix, Disney Plus, etc.). The Roku let me log in to each streaming service, but when I try to use them, it kicks me out immediately. I’m not able to be in the app long enough to process the screen, let alone try to select anything to watch. It sends me to a black screen with “Roku” jumping around like it’s loading, a white light flashes on the Roku, and then it sends me back to the Home Screen. 

I have restarted the Roku and uninstalled/reinstalled the apps. Please help. This is frustrating. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Level 21

Re: Roku kicks me out of apps

Are you using the supplied power adapter?

0 Kudos

Yes, using everything that came with it. 

0 Kudos
Level 21

The only other suggestion is to reboot everything - modem/router and Roku - but since you just got it you might want to just return it and get another one.

0 Kudos
Level 8

I had a similar problem with my Streambar. In my case I found that turning off “1-touch play” under the System - Control Other Devices menu fixed this issue for me.

0 Kudos