Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KillerQueen364
Level 7

Roku keeps freezing and going back to home screen

As the title suggests my roku is freezing and then going back to the home screen. It is happening on all of the apps I use. I have tried hard resetting it, soft resetting it, unplugging the hdmi from the roku and from the TV and unplugging the roku from the power source. It is plugged into the outlet on the wall. I dont know what else to do. Any help would be appreciated. 

Edit: The roku I have is a roku Express and it is also updated to the latest software version

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7\
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku keeps freezing and going back to home screen

Hi @KillerQueen364

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

For us to isolate the problem, please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
KillerQueen364
Level 7

Model- 3930RW- Roku Express

Serial number- X00400KTGYMA

Software Version- 10.0.0 build 4209-AE

Device ID- S009311TGGMA

This issue does not occur on a specific channel or app. It does it no matter what channel or app I am watching. I tried to get the tracker ID but the button combo doesn't work for me for some reason. Thanks

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@KillerQueen364

Thanks for the response.

Could you try using a different power adaptor and/or USB cable and see if that will make a difference? Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
KillerQueen364
Level 7

I used the USB to power the roku and plugged the USB into the tv instead of the wall. It's still doing it. Tried to get the tracking Id after it did it but that button combo doesn't seem to work on my roku device.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@KillerQueen364

Appreciate the reply.

I have passed along your information and concern to our Support team. They will follow up and further assist you through email.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Yp5
Level 1

My Hisense smart TV keeps freezing the Netflix channel and going back to homescreen. 

Roku TV 8219X

Hisense model 43H4030

Serial number QWS053634434

Software version 10.0.0 build 4214-90

It has been doing it for 2 days now. Please help

[personal information]

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hey @Yp5

Thanks for reaching out!

Does the issue only occur on Netflix or across other channels installed on your Roku device? If it's just on one channel, removing then re-installing it may help. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Please keep us posted if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos