Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Outoflove02
Reel Rookie

Roku just updated yesterday and now have lost my antenna app. Not my local tv stations

Roku tv updated yesterday.   We have an antenna plugged into the back in the cable/ant spot.   We used to just go through the “live tv” app to use the antenna for our local stations but now its only playing live tv (currently playing tv shows, not local channels).   Any suggestions?  

20 REPLIES 20
FastFurious
Roku Guru

Re: Roku just updated yesterday and now have lost my antenna app. Not my local tv stations

If you go into the live TV guide and scroll over to the left then press the * button you can select different options. Also have you tried scanning for new channels?

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku just updated yesterday and now have lost my antenna app. Not my local tv stations

@Outoflove02 

OS 11 has caused some different issue on some RokuTVs involving some settings. (hiding some channels/unhiding others.)

In order to disable the Roku Channel LiveTV Channels from appearing/showing in your OTA/antenna Guide, navigate to Settings/TV Inputs/Live TV/Manage Channels/Hide Streaming Channels (select to enable).

If you are missing some OTA/antenna Channels, then while in OTA/antenna guide, navigate all the way to left where your channel numbers are, press the * button on your Roku remote, choose "Filter", and then select "All Channels"

Feel free to post back an update or if still having issues.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Watchwhat
Reel Rookie

I have trouble too, since yesterday's update. My antenna channels come up, but the programming guide says no information available. I have tried all the usual suspects in setup, tried restarting several times. The channel programming guide is rendered useless. The other thing the update did was change picture settings and unhide channels. I can deal with those, but I want my guide back!

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Watchwhat 

The OTA EPG guide needs a network connection in order to provide information.  It may be a bug in the OS update but try the following to see if the Guide info will reappear.

1. First verify that your RokuTV is still connected to your network. (make sure "Not Connected" is not showing on your screen.

2. Perform a manual System Update. (Settings/System/System Update)

3. Reset Network Connection (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Network Connection Reset/Reset Connection).

4. Restart your Router, modem, and any peripherals (extenders, repeaters, and such).

----

Feel free to post an update or if you need more help.

0 Kudos
eightzero
Channel Surfer

The guide is not available, and the issue in not the connection. The Roku system update to 11.0.0 broke it. When will Roku fix this?

Watchwhat
Reel Rookie

Did all that. Still no programming guide. I think it is an update bug. 😳 😡

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

@Watchwhat and @eightzero 

Certainly could be.  There have been a lot of fixes going on addressing issues caused by previous updates and RokuTV OTA/antenna mode.  Unfortunately, sometimes the new fixes cause new issues.

Tagging @RokuDanny-R , @RokuKariza-D , and @RokuMary-F in hopes they can look into issue further and forward if necessary.

----

Post back with an update if something changes so others can be informed if fixed.  Take note of your Roku OS and build number (Settings/System/About).

eightzero
Channel Surfer

I sure would like an option to block system updates. Is there one?

0 Kudos
FastFurious
Roku Guru

Besides for disconnecting your Roku from the internet no 

0 Kudos