Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KBuss
Level 7

Roku issue with YouTube TV?

I need help with finding and reinstalling the YouTube TV app on Roku. YouTube TV stopped playing a couple days ago. I did a system update on the Roku, deleted the YouTube TV app with the hopes of reinstalling it afterwards, but now the Roku menu is not even showing YouTube TV as available to download. Is there a solution to this or do I need to cancel my subscription with Roku and get another service? 

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11\
Thumpus
Level 7

Does ROKU support YouTubeTV? It has not been available this week.

YouTube TV does not open. WHY?

0 Kudos
Droop
Level 7

Re: Does ROKU support YouTubeTV? It has not been available this week.

Someone needs to tell the old white head boss at Roku that Amazin Fire Stick purchases are currently up 11% in the last two days.  Either fix the You Tube TV issue or get ready to lose a mass amount of users.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku issue with YouTube TV?

You can watch YouTube TV within the regular YouTube channel/app.  There's no way to get the YouTube TV channel/app once you remove it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
mfbaker77
Level 7

I have the exact problem. The app actually disappeared on all my tv’s (9 of them!), and cannot be reloaded. A little help please. I’m ready to rip out all these Roku devices! I’m getting tired of these companies squabbling and we the consumers get screwed! I know it’s a separate issue, but YouTube TV took away local sports channels. This just adds fuel to my fire….. again, companies squabbling over money! I used to rave about this system. Now it sucks! Don’t make me go back to cable!

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Level 20

@Droop @Thumpus 

ATTENTION:  If you still cant load YouTube/YouTube (or other apps):

1) Check for updates:  Settings/System/System update/Check now

2) Restore the default theme:  Settings/Theme/Restore default theme

3) Use a simple screensaver:  Settings/Theme/Screensavers/Roku Digital Clock/Set as screensaver

4) Load YT/YTTV/apps

** EVEN IF YOU ALREADY PERFORMED THESE STEPS, DO THEM AGAIN **

0 Kudos
mfbaker77
Level 7

Bupkis!  Why is this a problem? I can load 986 channels, but not YouTube TV, the most popular and number rated streaming service! Why no response from Roku directly??!!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@mfbaker77, the fallout between Roku and Google happened months ago.  It's old news.  There's literally dozens of threads about it.  If the minor inconvenience of using the regular Youtube channel/app to access Youtube TV is too much for you I strongly recommend you use another streaming device.  I doubt any amount of complaining here will get the two parties to come to an agreement any faster.  Just make sure any complaining you do here is echoed to Google.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
haget94
Level 7

I even have the exact problem. The app without a doubt disappeared on all my television’s (nine of them!), and cannot be reloaded. A little assist please. I’m geared up to tear out a majority of these Roku devices! I’m getting uninterested in those organizations squabbling and we the customers get screwed! I comprehend it’s a separate website issue, but YouTube TV took away local sports activities channels.

0 Kudos
andyross
Level 16

Use the regular YouTube app and select YouTube TV from the bottom of the left menu.

(Some extra text because the forum now requires a minimum of 140 chars for posts for some insane reason.)

0 Kudos