Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jls2
Level 7

Roku interfering with Zoom

We have an old Roku 3 player. Works fine. 

When someone is on a Zoom meeting on the computer and then I want to watch a movie via the Roku on the TV, the Zoom meeting drops. If I turn off the TV, Zoom is fine. My internet provider says it's not them; the signal is strong. We have a new Wifi router next to the computer so that shouldn't be it. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
Strega
Level 15

Re: Roku interfering with Zoom

I found zoom to be glitchy and drop prone on wi-fi, and the worst location was in the same room with the router. I ended up solving it by plugging into ethernet. (I'm using a skinny laptop with no ethernet port, so I got a ~$15 USB to ethernet adapter.) I can't guarantee that your situation is identical, but since doing that about 8 months ago, I haven't had a single Zoom problem.

0 Kudos
jls2
Level 7

Thank you. Did you mean you connected directly to your Wifi router?  Or to the modem??

0 Kudos
Strega
Level 15

I connected to the router via ethernet.

0 Kudos
jls2
Level 7

thanks for your help! I will try this.

0 Kudos