Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Roku in 2019 announced that HBOGO is available for Chile but I can't see any HBOGO channel

Jump to solution

The last week I bought a new Roku Streaming Stick + (3810, 3811 series)  with the illusion that this device allowed me to see Apple Tv, Netflix, HBO GO and Amazon Prime Video but I'cant (only NETFLIX and Apple Tv)
Every time that I look the list of channels of Roku available in my device is annoying to think that may be that news was a bluff.

I already update the system in "Roku Streaming Stick +" but nothing change and also look in every page inthe web in order to know how to add HBO GO and AMAZON to my Roku.

Also, I read an other post about a similar problem in Chile in this "Roku Community" but the answer is not very clear and indicates that the area doesn't provide HBO GO service and give a link of hbo go that it can be seen en Chile due to HBOGO service in Chile is a latam account and NOT a US account.

Plus the above information I would like to informe that in my Samsung Smart TV I can add HBO GO and AMAZON PRIME VIDEO without a problem with the same internet provider.

Could you please tell me how can I add HBO go to my channels in my Roku device or I need to buy an other device of other company?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku in 2019 announced that HBOGO is available for Chile but I can't see any HBOGO channel

Jump to solution

@tcburmeister 

Thanks for the note.

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Roku in 2019 announced that HBOGO is available for Chile but I can't see any HBOGO channel

Jump to solution

@tcburmeister 

Thanks for the note.

Channel availability/access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos