Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
valhalla300
Level 7

Roku has movies that have not worked for months and they never fix the problem

Roku has movies that do not work and they don't seem to have any feedback contact to let them know. they also do not check or have anything in their system to let them know. I don't know why they are so afraid to here from their customers. That seems incredibly stupid and unprofessional. 

One movie that has not worked for many months and perhaps it has never worked, is "The VelociPastor" When you start the movie the screen freezes at one point but the audio usually is still going. Is there a way to let them know and to get them to fix it?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku has movies that have not worked for months and they never fix the problem

That movie looks just dumb enough to watch.  :-)  I know it doesn't help, but it worked for the minute or two I watched.  I tried it on my old Roku 3 as well as my new Ultra.  I don't know what to make of your experience.

Sorry...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy

Re: Roku has movies that have not worked for months and they never fix the problem

@renojim wrote:

That movie looks just dumb enough to watch.  :-)  I know it doesn't help, but it worked for the minute or two I watched.  I tried it on my old Roku 3 as well as my new Ultra.  I don't know what to make of your experience.

Sorry...

Me too.  I let it run for 5 minutes or so.  I do note that doing a Search from the Roku home page shows "The VelociPastor" to be available on several different sources, including The Roku Channel.  I only tried The Roku Channel.   If @valhalla300 was trying to watch on one of those other channels, he/she should probably complain to that channel directly.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.
Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.
valhalla300
Level 7

Yes it is an incredibly dumb and poorly made movie. Of course this was not the point I was making nor the problem I was expressing... Smiley Happy Regardless of how dumb or bad a movie is, it should play without a problem on any channel....right? In this case it is the Roku channel that has the problem. I was able to play the movie on my Roku Ultra system. But accessing the Roku channel on the Samsung system is where the problem occurs. But all the other movies on the Roku channel and all the other streaming channels work on the Samsung system. At least so far from what I have seen. The Roku channel is a little different when accessing it from the Ultra system.

The movie is on the Roku channel so Samsung is not going to be responsible for one of Roku's movies not working. Maybe they should talk to each other. 

I look for movies I don't care about when I am just looking for something to which to fall asleep....  If it was a good movie, it would keep me up because I would want to watch it. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
renojim

I wasn't judging you or your choice of movies.  Smiley Happy

So this is The Roku Channel on a Samsung TV?  That's a little different.  That lends itself to finger pointing by both sides.  You can try to alert someone at Roku like @RokuDanny-R .

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos