Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Roku freezes and reboots at commercial breaks

I just got my roku ultra and it seems to work fine other than when watching tv shows on hulu, every 4th or 5th commercial break, the screen goes black and the roku reboots. It never does this during scenes, or during movies, it seems as though going to a break causes it. I bought an admin cable when I bought the roku, and I've changed the hdmi port that it was plugged into to see if that was the issue. Is there a setting I'm missing or is my box faulty? Any help is appreciated, im thinking about returning this while im still in my 30 day return window because this issue is ridiculous. Thank you

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 16

Re: Roku freezes and reboots at commercial breaks

So it doesnt happen on ANY other channel/apps at all?

Its always possible you have a funky Ultra.I doubt it But you have time to trade it for another.

If its only on Hulu you should be contacting them Directly.

1 (888) 265-6650  ///  https://help.hulu.com/s/?language=en_US

Its a Premium Channel and they will help you.

I just got a Ultra as well and haven't experienced this..............yet.

I dont know what you mean by admin cable(?)

A crashing Roku is not good so do keep us updated and get back to us.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I have 2 roku ultras that freeze at the end of commercials on hulu, but my tcl tv with roku built in doesn't freeze.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 16

Is Hulu updated?

Highlite it in Home and Press *Star Key*

Check for updates.

How old is your TV?

You can try lowering Settings/Display Type to 720p.

Otherwise call Hulu and give them **bleep**

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos