Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roku for Time Warner Service fee $14.99

I added Discovery+ and signed up for the monthly service fee of $6.99. No where on this site does it mention that in addition to that channel that I would be charged for an additional Roku Time Warner fee of $14.99 every month. This seems extremely pricey since I have a Roku matchstick that I purchased. Can you please explain this fee so that I may cancel my subscription? 

I appreciate a response.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Re: Roku for Time Warner Service fee $14.99

Those are entirely different networks and services. Warner Media makes HBO Max. HBO Max is $14.99/ month. You most likely subscribed to it by mistake. Discovery+ is made by Discovery Communications. That is $6.99/ month. Look in your Roku account and see your current subscriptions. By the way your always better off subscribing directly to the website and not through Roku. If you want Discovery+ then go to the site and sign up. 

HBO Max = $14.99

Discovery+ = $6.99

Two different companies. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@dleeperez67-

Warner owns HBO.  This sounds like the monthly charge for HBO Max.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@dleeperez67 

Always go to https://my.roku.com and log in, then to the Manage your subscriptions page. If it's there, that should explain it. If it's not, it's a possible fraud situation.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Alex-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi there,

We'd like to start by thanking @DBDukes, @makaiguy, and @Streamer317 for sharing your insight on this matter. 

@dleeperez67, just wanted to check in and see if you were able to figure out the charges you described. If you still need assistance we would be happy to help!

You can either reply to this message or send us a message directly.

We look forward to hearing from you. #HappyStreaming 

0 Kudos