Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stryperfanatic7
Level 7

Roku device automatically sends me back to home menu during streaming.

Recently when I'm streaming, after a couple of minutes of watching whatever, my device takes me right back to the home menu automatically when I don't want it to. I tried fixing it by disconnecting it and turning off the bandwidth saver. It's annoying and i wanna know what the problem is and how I can fix it. Also, how can I talk to someone at Roku about this? #RokuExpress

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku device automatically sends me back to home menu during streaming.

I'll answer your last question first - you can't.  The answer to your other question is more complicated.  Is it happening with one channel/app or several of them?  If it's one, remove the channel, reboot/restart your Roku, and add the channel again.  If it's several, make sure you're using the supplied power adapter and not your TV's USB port.  Also, reboot everything - modem/router and Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
stryperfanatic7
Level 7

Appreciate the help but I'm afraid none of your solutions worked. All channels still keep cutting out and send me back to home menu.

StreamerUser
Level 20

@stryperfanatic7 wrote:

Appreciate the help but I'm afraid none of your solutions worked. All channels still keep cutting out and send me back to home menu.

What is the firmware version? (Settings/System/About)

Try the Network connection reset (Settings/System/Advanced system settings)

0 Kudos